Greg's SG Craft
This is a mod for the game Minecraft.
Currently it gives you SG-1 style stargates. In the future, it may
include other things from the SG-1 universe.
This is a Forge-based mod, so if you haven't done so
already, you will need to install Forge. See the Download
section below for recommended versions. The contents of the downloaded
zip files for these needs to be copied into your minecraft.jar file.
SG Craft has been tested with the following versions of
Minecraft and Forge. It may or may not work with other versions.
into your mods
into the server's mods folder.
For mod developers -- you don't need this just to use the mod.
This is free software. You are free to do whatever you want with it.
Contacting the Author
You are welcome to email comments, suggestions and bug reports to me at:
- Version 1.3.3
- Updated for IC2 2.2.611.
Prevent crash from attempting to display an empty stargate address.
- Version 1.3.2
- Updated for Minecraft 1.7.10.
- Version 1.3.1
- Fixed server warnings about canUpdate.
Send DimensionRegisterMessages for MCPC+.
- Version 1.3.0
- Multiple IC2 power units can now be installed under a gate to
provide enough energy for very long-range connections.
- Version 1.2.0
- Stargates in world are now generated with 9 chevrons.
Improved reliability of linking controllers with stargates.
- Version 1.1.1
- Fixed problem causing all vanilla blocks to be deleted when using
Disabled generation of stargates in world by default, due to
incompatibility with some mods. Can be re-enabled with the augmentStructures config option.
having no effect.
Excluded IC2 API files from jar.
- Version 1.1.0
- Added IC2 power unit.
Redstone signal emitted when gate is active.
- Version 1.0.1
- Fixed name translations.
- Version 1.0.0
- Updated for Minecraft 1.7.2.
New addressing scheme with 7 and 9 character addresses, 36 symbols and
wider coordinate range including negative dimension IDs.
- Hieroglyphs replaced by constellations.
Power source moved into DHD.
Improved DHD appearance.
Idle stargate allows chunks to unload.
- Version 0.7.5
- Include world name in stargate event log messages.
- Version 0.7.4
- Send DimensionRegisterPackets for MCPC+.
Log stargate add/remove events to server log.
- Version 0.7.3
- Added naquadah generation debug options to config.
- Version 0.7.2
- Fixed more transparency problems.
Fixed crash when throwing an egg through a stargate by right-clicking.
Added config option for rendering of event horizon with transparency.
- Version 0.7.1
- Fixed becoming dismounted on client side when riding an entity
through a stargate.
- Fixed chunk resets related to desert pyramid augmentation.
Fixed inconsistent rendering of event horizon with transparency.
- Event horizon now has its own texture.
Added config option to disable structure augmentation.
Added config options for explosion.
Added config option for chunk loading.
- Version 0.7.0
- Updated for Minecraft 1.6.4.
Fixed data value of crystals found in chests.
Fixed crash using hopper to feed naquadah into stargate.
- Version 0.6.0
- Updated for Minecraft 1.6.2.
- Fixed problem loading sound resources when the path to the jar
file contains a ! character.
- Version 0.5.2
- Prevented chest minecarts from dumping a duplicate of their
contents when passing through a gate.
- Version 0.5.1
- Improved auto-allocation of block and item IDs to reduce chance
of conflicts with other mods.
Prevented stargates from connecting to themselves.
- Version 0.5.0
- Naquadah is rarer now, but it lasts longer as stargate fuel.
Gates stay open for a limited time.
Config options for one-way travel and single-ended closing.
Added recipe for uncrafting naquadah alloy blocks.
Fixed visual glitches when travelling between gates in same dimension.
Riding animals and vehicles through gates now works.
Arrows, potions and other projectiles now go through gates.
Minecart track can be laid inside portal area.
Gates can be built underwater.
- Version 0.4.0
- Using what is hopefully a more reliable way to find and load
Structure generation customisation now being done slightly differently
to reduce chance of conflict with other mods.
Config option to disable naquadah ore generation.
Config options for controller linking range.
Naquadah is now in ore dictionary.
Crystals must now be found or bought.
- Version 0.3.1
- Updated for Minecraft 1.5.2. Now using partial reobfuscation to
better cope with changes between Minecraft versions.
Fixed: Missing textures for naquadah ore and naquadah alloy blocks.
- Version 0.3
- Updated for Minecraft 1.5.1.
Stargates generated under desert pyramids.
Added a test to prevent server crash reported by some people when
travelling to an unloaded dimension. Cannot reproduce; don't yet know
why the dimension is not being loaded by the Forge chunk loader.
Made naquadah ore generation more efficient.
Fixed: Failure to remove tile entity when breaking a controller block.
- Version 0.2
- Fixed: Stepping through stargate crashed server in multiplayer.
Fixed: Travelling from The End to another dimension did not work
- Fixed: Shift-clicking in a stargate GUI crashed the client.
- Fixed: Breaking a chevron block dropped a plain ring block.
Naquadah can now be mined.
- Version 0.1
- Initial prerelease.
Previous versions can be found here: