Greg's SG Craft
This is a mod for the game Minecraft.
Currently it gives you SG-1 style stargates. In the future, it may
include other things from the SG-1 universe.
This is a Forge-based mod, so if you haven't done so
already, you will need to install Forge. See the Download
section below for recommended versions. The contents of the downloaded
zip files for these needs to be copied into your minecraft.jar file.
SG Craft has been tested with the following versions of
Minecraft and Forge. It may or may not work with other versions.
|Instructions for installing
Forge: • Minecraft
1.6 • Minecraft
1.5.2 and earlier
into your mods
into the server's mods folder.
For mod developers -- you don't need
this just to use the mod.
This is free software. You are free to
do whatever you want with it.
Contacting the Author
You are welcome to email comments,
suggestions and bug reports to me at:
- Version 1.11.2
- Fixed a debugging stament that could cause a crash when removing a DHD.
Made setting secondsToStayOpen to 0 work as advertised.
1.8.9: Added German language file.
1.8.9: Prevented crash when inappropriate items placed in camouflage slots.
- Version 1.11.1
- 1.7.10: Fix index out of bounds in textureStitchEventPre when used by some other mods
- Version 1.11.0
- Backported to MC 1.7.10.
Stargates will now preferentially draw power from a power unit instead of using naquadah if both are available.
Generic recipe now available for RF power unit when Thermal Expansion not installed.
SG Craft items now have their own creative tab.
Computer API calls no longer raise exceptions on error, but return nil
and an error message. This brings the API more into line with Lua
programming conventions and avoids some incompatibilities between
Computercraft and Open Computers concerning formatting of error
messages. See the note on Error Handling in the documentation for a way to adapt your existing code.
1.7.10: Added German language file (contributed by Timmy94W).
- 1.8.9: Computercraft and Open Computers interfaces added.
Internals (1.8.9): Changed the names used for facings in the
block states to make them more intuitive -- blocks placed when the
player is facing north now show as oriented "north" rather than "east".
Metadata values remain the same for compatibility with existing worlds,
although this means they are probably different from what most vanilla
- Version 1.10.1
- Fixed generation of stargates in world.
Added config option for probability of generating stargates.
- Version 1.10.0
- Core features updated for Minecraft 1.8.9.
Increased default naquadah generation rate.
- Version 1.9.5
- Fixed client crash on dimension unload.
Reinstated custom death messages for iris and event horizon damage.
Removed onChunkUnload debugging messages.
- Version 1.9.4
- Computer interfaces now honour the closeFromEitherEnd config setting.
If a dimension becomes unloaded, any open stargate connections to it should now be automatically closed.
Breaking a ComputerCraft stargate interface should no longer be able to crash the server.
The chunkLoadingRange config setting can now be set to -1 to prevent
stargates from keeping any chunks loaded. However, this may result in
undesirable effects such as connections closing immediately upon
leaving a dimension, so use with discretion.
- Version 1.9.3
- Fixed Computercraft stargate interface not working when OpenPeripheral installed.
- Version 1.9.2
- Restored sending of DimensionRegisterPackets for MCPC+.
- Version 1.9.1
- Fixed rendering of tooltips for charged power units in inventory.
- Version 1.9.0
- Updated for Open Computers 1.4.
- Version 1.8.6
- Added connection direction to return values of stargateState interface method.
Added a configuration option to control volume of stargate sounds.
Prevented connecting to an incomplete stargate.
Prevented connecting to an in-range stargate from an out-of-range one.
- Fixed address display in stargate gui for out-of-range gates.
Corrected list of stargate states in computer interface documentation.
- Version 1.8.5
spurious gate travel triggered by closing a gate while standing in
front of it and opening it again while standing behind it.
- Version 1.8.4
- Send Mystcraft age data when travelling between dimensions.
Fixed /tp command from in front of a gate spuriously triggering gate travel.
Added config option to prevent inventory destruction on iris death.
- Version 1.8.3
- Fixed crash on OC network message when no item in interface upgrade slot.
- Version 1.8.2
- Fixed crash on transient damage to player when Galacticraft installed.
- Version 1.8.1
- Fixed items not appearing in creative menu.
- Version 1.8.0
- Added sendMessage method and sgMessageReceived event.
Open Computers wireless messages pass through open stargates.
Open Computers stargate interfaces can relay wired network messages.
Iris death occurs on departure side to avoid revealing destination coordinates.
Player inventory destroyed on iris death (unless keepInventory is set).
Improved hit detection of orange button on DHD.
DHD remembers partially entered address when closed.
- Version 1.7.4
- Fixed transient not being rendered when no iris or iris open.
- Version 1.7.3
- Fixed incorrect chevron rendering with 7 chevron gates and base camouflage.
Event horizon now clipped by closed iris.
No transient damage when iris closed.
- Version 1.7.2
- Fixed inability to craft computer interfaces when GregTech installed.
Stargate interface can now be connected to an Open Computers computer via a network cable.
- Version 1.7.1
- Fixed iris not preventing player from walking through stargate.
Fixed transient not causing damage to entities.
Added iris hit sound.
Address copied to clipboard when stargate GUI is opened.
- Version 1.7.0
- Added Open Computers interface.
Changed the way events are posted to computers. All fields are now
separate arguments instead of being in a table. The name/address of the
interface block is now passed in the event instead of the coordinates
of the stargate.
- Version 1.6.2
- Fixed NEI becoming disabled when crossing dimensions.
- Version 1.6.1
- Fixed chevrons rendering in incorrect positions with base camouflage.
Fixed computer dial command causing iris to open when there is no redstone input.
Fixed energyToDial() misbehaving when given an invalid address.
Prevented dialling while a gate is already dialling or connected.
Added example programs to docs.
- Version 1.6.0
- Added ComputerCraft interface.
Added base camouflage.
- Version 1.5.1
- Fixed bugs in iris control.
Fixed iris/event horizon rendering problems.
- Version 1.5.0
- Added Iris Upgrade.
- Version 1.4.0
- Added RF Power Unit for running gates on Redstone Flux.
- Version 1.3.3
- Updated for IC2 2.2.611.
Prevent crash from attempting to display an empty stargate address.
- Version 1.3.2
- Updated for Minecraft 1.7.10.
- Version 1.3.1
- Fixed server warnings about canUpdate.
Send DimensionRegisterMessages for MCPC+.
- Version 1.3.0
- Multiple IC2 power units can now be installed under a gate to
provide enough energy for very long-range connections.
- Version 1.2.0
- Stargates in world are now generated with 9 chevrons.
Improved reliability of linking controllers with stargates.
- Version 1.1.1
- Fixed problem causing all vanilla blocks to be deleted when using
Disabled generation of stargates in world by default, due to
incompatibility with some mods. Can be re-enabled with the augmentStructures config option.
having no effect.
Excluded IC2 API files from jar.
- Version 1.1.0
- Added IC2 power unit.
Redstone signal emitted when gate is active.
- Version 1.0.1
- Fixed name translations.
- Version 1.0.0
- Updated for Minecraft 1.7.2.
New addressing scheme with 7 and 9 character addresses, 36 symbols and
wider coordinate range including negative dimension IDs.
- Hieroglyphs replaced by constellations.
Power source moved into DHD.
Improved DHD appearance.
Idle stargate allows chunks to unload.
- Version 0.7.5
- Include world name in stargate event log messages.
- Version 0.7.4
- Send DimensionRegisterPackets for MCPC+.
Log stargate add/remove events to server log.
- Version 0.7.3
- Added naquadah generation debug options to config.
- Version 0.7.2
- Fixed more transparency problems.
Fixed crash when throwing an egg through a stargate by right-clicking.
Added config option for rendering of event horizon with transparency.
- Version 0.7.1
- Fixed becoming dismounted on client side when riding an entity
through a stargate.
- Fixed chunk resets related to desert pyramid augmentation.
Fixed inconsistent rendering of event horizon with transparency.
- Event horizon now has its own texture.
Added config option to disable structure augmentation.
Added config options for explosion.
Added config option for chunk loading.
- Version 0.7.0
- Updated for Minecraft 1.6.4.
Fixed data value of crystals found in chests.
Fixed crash using hopper to feed naquadah into stargate.
- Version 0.6.0
- Updated for Minecraft 1.6.2.
- Fixed problem loading sound resources when the path to the jar
file contains a ! character.
- Version 0.5.2
- Prevented chest minecarts from dumping a duplicate of their
contents when passing through a gate.
- Version 0.5.1
- Improved auto-allocation of block and item IDs to reduce chance
of conflicts with other mods.
Prevented stargates from connecting to themselves.
- Version 0.5.0
- Naquadah is rarer now, but it lasts longer as stargate fuel.
Gates stay open for a limited time.
Config options for one-way travel and single-ended closing.
Added recipe for uncrafting naquadah alloy blocks.
Fixed visual glitches when travelling between gates in same dimension.
Riding animals and vehicles through gates now works.
Arrows, potions and other projectiles now go through gates.
Minecart track can be laid inside portal area.
Gates can be built underwater.
- Version 0.4.0
- Using what is hopefully a more reliable way to find and load
Structure generation customisation now being done slightly differently
to reduce chance of conflict with other mods.
Config option to disable naquadah ore generation.
Config options for controller linking range.
Naquadah is now in ore dictionary.
Crystals must now be found or bought.
- Version 0.3.1
- Updated for Minecraft 1.5.2. Now using partial reobfuscation to
better cope with changes between Minecraft versions.
Fixed: Missing textures for naquadah ore and naquadah alloy blocks.
- Version 0.3
- Updated for Minecraft 1.5.1.
Stargates generated under desert pyramids.
Added a test to prevent server crash reported by some people when
travelling to an unloaded dimension. Cannot reproduce; don't yet know
why the dimension is not being loaded by the Forge chunk loader.
Made naquadah ore generation more efficient.
Fixed: Failure to remove tile entity when breaking a controller block.
- Version 0.2
- Fixed: Stepping through stargate crashed server in multiplayer.
Fixed: Travelling from The End to another dimension did not work
- Fixed: Shift-clicking in a stargate GUI crashed the client.
- Fixed: Breaking a chevron block dropped a plain ring block.
Naquadah can now be mined.
- Version 0.1
- Initial prerelease.
Previous versions can be found here: