The TextScreen class displays pages of text. It is designed to be used as a screen in a Shell.
The text is read from a file, and some simple markup is used to divide
it into pages with headings. Buttons are provided for navigating
between pages and going back to the game's main menu.
The text file should reside in the text subdirectory of the resources directory (see module resource). Pages are separated by lines containing the word PAGE and nothing else (not even whitespace). The first line of each page is treated as a heading and displayed in a different font.
No word wrapping or other formatting is performed. It is up to you to
ensure that each line and page of text fits on the screen in the fonts
being used, allowing room for navigation buttons at the bottom.
- Initializes the TextScreen from the specified text file, which should be in the text
subdirectory of the resources directory. Fonts can be specified for the
headings, the body text and the navigation buttons; otherwise defaults
- Font to use for the page headings.
- Font to use for the body of the text.
- Font to use for the navigation buttons.
- Switch to the specified page number.
- Switch to the previous page, if any.
- Switch to the next page, if any.
- Returns to the game's main menu by calling the show_menu() method of the TextScreen's parent widget (which is assumed to be a Shell).