The GLConfig class of the GL submodule provides a bundle of attributes
for configuring an OpenGL context. It also provides facilities for
testing whether a given set of attributes is supported and finding out
what attributes are supported on the platform where the application is
- True if double buffering is desired.
- True if an alpha channel is required.
- Desired number of bits per color buffer component.
- Desired number of bits per alpha channel component.
- True if a stereoscopic context is required.
- Number of auxiliary buffers required.
- True if a depth buffer is required.
- Desired number of bits per depth buffer element.
- True if a stencil buffer is required.
- Desired number of bits per stencil buffer element.
- True if an accumulation buffer is required.
- Desired number of bits per accumulation buffer element.
- True if a multisampled context is desired.
- Desired number of samples per pixel when multisampling is active.
- supported(mode = 'both')
- Tests whether the requested combination of attributes, or
something close to them, can be satisfied. If successful, a new
GLConfig instance is returned whose attributes reflect those actually
available. Otherwise, None is returned.
The mode parameter may be 'screen', 'pixmap' or 'both' to request a configuration suitable for drawing to a GLView, a GLPixmap, or both a GLView and a GLPixmap.