A Slider is a control that allows a user to select a value by dragging
a knob along a scale. The range of values may be either discrete or
continuous, and an action may be specified to be invoked whenever the
user changes the value.
- Constructs a Slide with the specified orientation, 'h' for horizontal and 'v' for vertical.
Note: On some platforms, the orientation of the slider is determined by
its relative width and height; on such platforms, the orient parameter
is ignored. For maximum portability, ensure that the dimensions of the
control and the orient parameter are in agreement with each other.
- The current value of the slider.
- The minimum and maximum values to which the slider can be set. These default to 0.0 and 1.0.
- Action to perform when the user changes the value of the slider. See Actions.
- The number of tick marks to display beside the slider, including
the ones at each end. If this is set to 0, no tick marks will be
displayed. The default is not to show any tick marks.
- If true, the value of the control is constrained to correspond to one of the tick marks specified with the ticks property. If false, the value may be set to anything between the min_value and max_value. The default is false.
- If true, the slider's action will be invoked continuously while
the knob is being dragged. If false, the action will only be invoked
when the mouse is released. The default is true.