provides efficient editing of large amounts of text.
There may optionally be horizontal and/or vertical scroll bars. If there is no horizontal
scroll bar, text is wrapped to the width of the component.
Tab stops may be set at regularly-spaced intervals.
- TextEditor(scrolling = 'hv')
- Creates a TextEditor. Presence of scroll bars is controlled by the
scrolling parameter, which is a string containing 'h' for horizontal
and 'v' for vertical.
- The text being edited, as a string.
- Read only. The number of characters in the text
- A tuple of indexes (start, end) representing the range of selected characters.
- The Font in which the text is displayed.
- Distance between tab stops.
- Selects all of the text.
- These implement the standard editing menu commands. The corresponding
menu items are enabled automatically whenever the component has the keyboard