A TextField is a simple single or multi-line text entry area. All
text in the field is displayed with the same attributes such as font, color and justification.
- Contents of the text field.
- A pair (start, end) indicating the starting and ending character
positions of the selection. Character positions occur between characters
and are numbered from 0.
Note: This property is
only valid when the text field is the current target. Setting this
property causes the text field to become the target, and the result of
reading it when the text field is not the target is undefined.
- Initialize only. A boolean indicating whether multiple lines
can be entered.
- Initialize only. A boolean indicating that the text is to
be displayed in an obfuscated manner, as for entering a password.
- Note: On some platforms, it may not be possible to combine
this with the multiline option.
- A boolean indicating whether the user can edit the text. Default is true.
- Performed when the Return or Enter key is pressed. (Multiline text
fields only perform this action when the Enter key on the numeric
keypad is used.) The default is to pass the key event to the next handler.
- Performed when the Escape key is pressed. The default is to pass the key event to the next handler.
- Performed when the Tab key is pressed. The default is to move the keyboard focus to the next field in the window.
- Performed when the text is changed by the user.
- Selects all of the text and makes the text field the current target.
- These implement the standard editing menu commands. The corresponding
menu items are enabled automatically whenever the text field has the keyboard