Information for Prospective Students
If you are interested in research with Moffat Mathews, please read the information below. If you are not sure about which type of higher qualification you want to pursue, please read the information about higher degrees in Computer Science.
PhD and Master Thesis students
Informal Application by Email to Potential Supervisor
Prospective candidates should start by submitting an information application by email directly to email@example.com. Please include the following in your email.
- Your CV.
- Your academic transcripts.
- Any papers you have published
- A short (about 1-3 pages) initial proposal. This should include the research problem, research questions, motivation, and possible research idea(s). The proposal should include a reference section.
- Your funding plan (self, government, scholarship, etc.).
Formal Application for Enrolment at UC
After discussion with your potential supervisor, you should formally apply to enrol at UC.
Honours (COSC460 and SENG402) students
Please book a time to talk to Moffat about possible project ideas. Specific projects might exist within the broad overarching topics such as:
- Rehabilitation (cognitive or motor using software systems): e.g. post brain injury.
- Health systems: e.g. lifestyle, prevention, fitness.
- Software Engineering e.g. estimation, frameworks, distributed teams, QA.
- Software Engineering Education e.g. assessment, project courses.