Erskine Building 311
Phone: +64 3 364 2987, Ext: 7770
Fax: +64 3 364 2569
Postal AddressDepartment of Computer Science and Software Engineering,
College of Engineering,
University of Canterbury,
Private Bag 4800,
- Image Processing and Analysis:
- Moment based image features: Moment invariants, Moment spaces, Tchebichef moments, Fast computation of moments
- Image and video compression: Discrete orthognal transforms, DCT
- Multifractal analysis: Alfa image decomposition, Multifractal spectra, Tissue image classification
- Parallel computation: OpenCL implementations
- Medical image analysis: HRCT data processing, contour detection, segmentation, 3D reconstructions
- Computer Graphics:
- Real-time rendering: GPU implementations, Spherical harmonic lighting
- Non-photorealistic rendering: Painterly rendering, texture based NPR
- Crowd simulation: Rendering of large crowds, Behaviour modelling, Acceleration algorithms
- Facial expression analysis and recognition: Deformation tables, Expression interpolation
- Current Projects:
- Multifractal and multi-scale analysis of biomedical images
- Contour based 3D reconstruction of lung geometry from HRCT images
- Crowd simulation using 3D Extended Oriented Bounding Boxes (EOBB)
- Parallel computation of multifractal spectra using OpenCL
Also see: Computer Graphics and Image Processing Research Group's Webpage.
- Senior Member, IEEE.
- Senior Member, Optical Society of America.
- Member, ACM-SIGGRAPH.