[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
An ACM Award for our postgraduate student
- From: "K. Pawlikowski" <email@example.com>
- Subject: An ACM Award for our postgraduate student
- Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:38:19 +1200
Aun Haider, a Ph.D. student of ECE and COSC, has received an ACM Travel
Award to attend a prestigious ACM SIGCOMM 2002 Conference, the annual
conference of the Special Interest Group on Data Communication, to be
held in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, between 19 and 23 August 2002.
This is the second time such an award is received by our postgraduate
student (Carl Cook, a Ph.D. student of COSC, attended ACM SIGCOMM 2001
Conference in San Diego, in August 2001).
ACM SIGCOMM is the annual conference of the Special Interest Group on
Data Communication (SIGCOMM), a vital special interest group of the
ACM). This is a single-track, highly selective conference on networking
at which successful submissions (11.3% of all submitted papers in 2001)
typically report results firmly substantiated by experiment,
implementation, simulation, or mathematical analysis. The technical
program includes panel discussions of world-wide known experts on
networking. The participants are also offered tutorials and workshops by
noted instructors on the two days preceding the actual conference.
Aun, congratulations !
* Dr Krzysztof Pawlikowski, Associate Professor
* Dept. of Computer Science ph. +(643) 3642987 ex.7772
* University of Canterbury fax. +(643) 3642569
* Christchurch, New Zealand URL: www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~krys