CSSE Student Policies
Welcome to Computer Science and Software Engineering
This page provides information on all the policies that apply to students taking Computer Science (COSC) and software Engineering (SENG) papers. You do need to be aware of these policies, so please take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with them, to know roughly what they contain, and when to refer to them in the future.
- Using CSSE and ICTS accounts and Code of Practice: You will be using two linked user accounts (with the same name). A university-wide (Windows) account (administered by ICTS, for things like email and internet access) and a departmental (Linux) account (administered by CSSE, for things like compilers and other software for COSC and SENG papers).
- Using CSSE computer workrooms: This document states the rules for the use of CSSE workrooms, the opening hours, and after-hours support.
- Emergency and evacuation procedures: The university takes health and safety issues very seriously. You should familiarise yourself with the emergency and evacuation procedures before you need them, they include information on registering if you need assistance in an emergency.
Policy Summary for All Students
All our departmental policies are discussed above; the following is a quick reference list of the policies that apply to all students.
- Computer Accounts for Students (CSSE & ICTS)
- Code of Practice for Computer Use (CSSE)
- Computer Workroom Use (CSSE)
- Undergraduate Allowances and Charges (CSSE)
- Health and Safety (CSSE)
Policy Summary for Postgraduate Students and Staff
The following policies apply to computer systems for postgraduate students and staff.