The following functions are exported by the dialogs module.
- wrapped_label(text, wrap_width, **kwds)
- Constructs a Label widget from the given text after using the textwrap module to wrap it to the specified width in characters. Additional keyword parameters are passed to the Label constructor.
- alert(mess, wrap_width = 60, **kwds)
a message in a modal dialog, wrapped to the specified width in
characters. The dialog can be dismissed by pressing Return, Enter or
Escape. Additional keyword parameters are passed to the Dialog constructor.
- ask(mess, responses = ["OK", "Cancel"], default = 0, cancel = -1, wrap_width = 60, **kwds)
- Displays a message in a modal dialog with a set of buttons labelled with the specified responses. Clicking a button causes the ask function to return the corresponding response string as its value. The default and cancel parameters are indexes into the response list specifying the values to be returned by Return/Enter and Escape, respectively. Additional keyword parameters are passed to the Dialog constructor.
- input_text(prompt, width, text = None, **kwds)
- Presents a modal dialog containing the given prompt and a text field. The width is the width of the text field, and the text, if any, is its initial contents. If the dialog is dismissed by pressing Return or Enter, the contents of
the text field is returned. If it is dismissed by pressing Escape, None
is returned. Additional keyword parameters are passed to the Dialog constructor.